Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Remember Me?

It's been weeks and weeks since I last posted anything outside of my normal *Cupcake Saturday* posts, and I'm feeling a bit detached. I blame it all on myself though, and for good reason. Most of you know, but for those who don't, I've started my own business! It's called *Snickety Snacks* and it's been an amazing ride so far. I feel like I'm always running to catch up with the weekly orders, but I'm loving it! I'd be so happy if you could take some time to check out the blog site I have for it and let me know what you think. If you know of any fun ways I can get myself out there a little more, please let me know! I'll be happy to bring some treats your way! And here's a special little offer just for you few wonderful people who actually take the time to read my blog During November and December, when you order at least 1 dozen Cake Bites, I'll give you 6 more Bites just for fun! They're perfect for any party, as a gift, or of course to keep to yourself!
Now, onto the meat of my post. I've had a difficult time lately finding anything that really stands out in an inspirational way and it's been a nightmare. It seems like my focus has been on everything kitchen related, which is fun, but a bit selective. After searching magazines, websites and my beautiful Little Black Book, I have found something that makes me smile. The Holidays! Generic huh? Ok, but the part I really love is all of the family and friends visiting. Now, my parents and sister are close, and I doubt we're going to be having any random visitors, but I still think all the little details are important. Making sure that your guests can feel at home in your home is ideal. Leave it to Martha to hit every little area. Here are some of her suggestions.
{Essentials}
With the addition of a few niceties, your spare bedroom will be as inviting to visitors as a fine hotel room.
Set out essentials such as towels and an alarm clock, then provide little luxuries as well: bottles of water, foil-wrapped chocolates, and a few cut blooms in a vase.
{Outfit the Bed}
Make up a double bed with four ample sleeping pillows -- two medium or firm, and two soft -- as well
as two smaller pillows to prop up the head when reading. Provide both light and heavy blankets, as well as a lightweight throw for afternoon naps.
{Closets and Drawers}
Make sure there is adequate closet and drawer space. Supply a variety of hangers -- at least a dozen good wooden or metal ones -- that will hold trousers and jackets, flimsy dresses, and heavy coats. And make certain there is a full-length mirror.
{Bulk Up on Supplies}
Store a season's worth of toilet paper and other necessities in your bathroom, so guests never have to make an awkward request for more.

{Color-Coded Guest Towels}
Sew loops of colorful twill tape (in a variety of shades) onto the corners of a look-alike batch of bathroom or beach towels to help guests distinguish theirs from everyone else's. That way, when your house fills up with visitors, everyone can keep track of his or her own -- and no one will have to get up close and personal with someone else's dirty laundry.

Of course these are wonderful tips if you have a spare room and can really make it a home away from home for your guests. Even if you're pulling out an inflatable mattress or opening up the couch, I'm sure your friends and family will still be thrilled! Enjoy your time together! I'll be posting next about fun gifts that can be given to guests, neighbors, as host/hostess gifts, or just for fun to whoever you want. Have a wonderful day and a great Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Mrs Abbott said...

:) Happy Thanksgiving!