Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Much Better Day

After the terror of yesterday, I'm so grateful that today started out a thousand times better. My husband was home sick, but having him here to play 'protector' while the little dude slept gave me plenty of time to do some much needed errand hopping. I spent way too long in Target enjoying the quiet that a mid afternoon trip without a 2 year old brought me. You know those trips where you end up going up and down aisles multiple times and back and forth across the store because something randomly popped into your head that you needed, and then when you go to check out you find 3 or 4 things in your cart and can't remember how they got there? It was wonderful! I also had to stop off at both of my candy supply stores, and at the first place it really hit home how much *Snickety Snacks* has grown. Let me give you a little idea.

That right there is 40 lbs. of chocolate. When I first started, I used maybe 1 lb. of chocolate a week. These will probably be gone before the end of the month. Incredible huh? I'm just thrilled for a place that sells chocolate in 10 lb. bags!

The happy perk about going to baking supply places so often is that I can keep up with the new things that come in on a weekly basis. The smaller of the two shops is more of a specialty place, and that is where I found these little cuties. Carrots! I snatched up a couple of bags of these and I think I may just have to go back for more. Holidays bring out the best sprinkles! I'm not so into the eggs or bunny faces, but these just made me smile. Love 'em!

Being without the little man gave me the opportunity to stop in at a larger Dutch Market than the one close to where I live. I quickly bypassed all the regular food and went straight for the candy area. I don't know what it is about those Dutch geniuses, but they somehow find the coolest candies. Case in point, Fried Egg Gummies!

I love, love, love these! They're about the size of a thumb print and I wish I'd gotten more. They make my mouth happy, and they're little dude approved!

All in all, it's been a nice makeup-for-yesterday kind of day. Now it's time to prep for weekend orders! I hope you're having a fun week!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Any day that involves 40 pounds of chocolate and cute gummies is an awesome day! Glad it went better!